Wednesday, June 11, 2008

balancing toy


My father's second toy was this little wooden man balancing on his chair. No matter how much you lean him and change the arms' position he'll keep swirling around and never fall off.

The third toy?
It was the same kind of toy, but in brass and ornamented. That was the toy Johannes was supposed to play with when they had guests and only then. But it was not as good at balancing as the wooden one. Johannes preferred the wooden toy.

My half siblings have the brass toy, so you will just have to imagine that one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an identical toy and if you have time could you tell me the origin of these fascinating balancing men. Yours, like mine is handcrafted and is the only other one I have ever seen.
With apologies,
Brian Leith