Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dreaming

This is what I saw today in a shopping window in central London. The store sold wedding dresses. Are we still in the 50's?

I dream of making great art that will influence other artists long after I'm dead (You're not aloud to admit this if your Swedish. You should just say you're grateful that you get to work with what you love.)

I dream of being listed in Art Now.

I dream of living out of my art without having to compromise.

But getting married in a beautiful dress? Could be nice, but not what I would ask for if I was granted three wishes. Not what I am striving for. But of course it must have been what Walt dreamed about, right? Because in your dreams you can do anything.

5 comments:

Alexandra Hedberg said...

no, this post was not about what anyone of you said you wanted to see more of in my blog....

Tomorrow I will take over the world!

aimee said...

dreaming is great! i think it's the only true state of perfection since we can make anything happen in our heads.

●• Thereza said...

absolutely!!! i'm a daydreamer, everyday. what's the point of life without it???

Anonymous said...

That Swedish rule of thumb also applies to Australians, too, I think... some of the time.

Me, I dream vividly and in colour, and I wish I could stay suspended in a dreamstate more of the time. No limitations, all is possible... ah, what is not to love about that?

Esti said...

This post takes me in many different directions: I dream of a beautiful house, would I ever get one? hmmmm... I dream of being listed in Art now too, maybe alongside you?... I dream of being a better artist, doesn't talent have to do with this? All in all, dreaming is hoping, working on it in your mind... I guess...
And, I don't care much for wedding dresses at this point... :)