Wednesday, December 08, 2010

about making books


Yesterday I received a book I had ordered; Books, Boxes and Portfolios - Binding, Construction and Design Step-by-Step by Franz Zeier. It seems even better than I had hoped (very instructional and pedagogic) and is going to be my reward during Christmas. For some time now I've been dreaming about binding books and I've always been crazy about boxes,

This week I'm working 100% on a totally different kind of book and here it is all about content: a 32 pages book for the project Beyond Words [Bortom Orden] - about the quality concept within art. It's my responsibility to put everything together, polish the language and write the introduction. I quite enjoy it (I love writing) - which makes me realize even more how much I have hated all the coordinating and administration I've done for the project. So I've promised myself to not do any coordinating or administration at all in 2011 unless it is for my own art practice. After I made myself that promise I got so happy...

3 comments:

louise said...

What a fun Christmas reward. Sounds like a great book, I'm tempted to get a copy myself. xo lj
PS I can understand you promise bringing you joy. Admin for other events is very draining.

Lotte said...

cool book...:)

Esti said...

I happened to check on this book a couple of weeks ago and it's on my wishlist. Si I reckon you've liked it?