Tuesday, March 13, 2012

preparing for glass reliefs


I'm making some still life in aluminum foil for shaping the glass. Basically these experiments are material tests; is it best with flat or do I want a border, with aluminum foil only (how much will it sink, burn and disappear?) contra with an underlying supportive structure. I would prefer if the "only aluminum foil" would work - that would make it possible to work in a much more intuitive and direct way when making shapes. I've also made a landscape, but at this state it looks horrible - which probably means it has potential.

[landscapes and still life - is this really me?]

Tomorrow I'll go to the pop-up shop in Cissi's and Elisabeth's studio (where you will also find Anna Backlund and Anna Pernilla) on my way home from my glass experiments.

No comments: